Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, yet people skip it (myself included, sometimes) because of they don’t have time to make (or eat) it. You can make this dish in less than thirty minutes and consume it in half the prep time. Start your day off right with a protein-packed breakfast so you’ll stay energized for the rest of the day (or at least, until lunch).
Makes 1 serving
Prep & cooking time: 20-25 minutes
- 1 very ripe large avocado
- sea salt
- black pepper pepper
- red pepper flakes
- 2 small eggs
- optional: cooked crumbled bacon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice avocado in half and remove pit. Scoop a little more of each avocado half out, in order to create a slightly larger hollow. Put avocado halves in a foil-lined baking pan. (I used an aluminum pie pan.)
- Carefully, remove some of the egg whites from each egg and refrigerate for future use. Transfer yolk and rest of egg whites to each avocado half.
- Season with sea salt, black pepper, parsley, and red pepper flakes. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. If you want your egg yolks to be more runny, bake for 15 minutes. If you want your egg yolks to be firmer, bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven, top with crumbled bacon, and let cool. Enjoy!