Amanda often jokes that while she doesn’t like to bake, she will gladly provide ingredients for friends who do. (Lucky me!) Earlier this year, she gifted me with a jar of delicious Sweeteeth port wine caramel sauce. The port wine adds a dimension of decadence that’s missing from regular caramel sauce. Since it pairs well with chocolate, I decided to fold it into the recipe I usually use for chocolate chip cookie pie.
Chocolate chip cookie pie with Sweeteeth port wine caramel sauce & sea salt
Adapted from this recipe
Makes one pie
Prep time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 20 – 30 minutes
Ingredients & supplies:
- one glass pie dish
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 1 small mixing bowl
- good spatula
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, plus a few pinches to top pie
- 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature, plus butter to grease pan
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- several tablespoons of Sweeteeth port wine caramel sauce
- Heat oven to 350° F. Generously grease pie plate with butter.
- In large mixing bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, and sea salt together.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the butter and brown sugar and beat until smooth with a good spatula. Add the egg and vanilla extract. Mix until blended.
- Add the butter to the large mixing bowl with the dry ingredients. Mix in the chocolate chips and Sweeteeth port wine caramel sauce.
- Spread cookie dough into the greased pie plate.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes, sprinkle with extra sea salt, cut, and enjoy!