This is a foolproof cobbler recipe. My favorite kind is blackberry, but you can substitute blackberries with apples or peaches, too. While I like making this, it’s also a go-to dessert recipe for when you’re in a bind and need something quick and easy to make.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 30-45 minutes
Makes about 12 servings
Ingredients & supplies:
- 9 x 9 baking dish
- 12 or 16 oz. container of blackberries
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 tbsps baking powder
- vanilla extract
- optional: vanilla ice cream to add on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg. (I just eyeball it and use a few shakes of cinnamon and nutmeg.)
- Add milk and vanilla extract (I use about 2 tbsps).
- Melt stick of butter in 9 x 9 baking dish.
- Pour batter over butter. (Do not stir!)
- Pour blackberries over batter. (Do not stir!)
- Bake for 30-45 mins, until crust is golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes and enjoy! Serve with vanilla ice cream, if you like.